Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Thanksgiving at McMurdo
I thought I should write a little something about the holiday down here. It was very exciting because we got 2 days off!!! Yes, I know that you all get 2 days off every week but after working 6 days a week for 8 weeks I was ready for 2 days off in a row! Unlike back in the states we celebrated Thanksgiving on Saturday and had Sunday off. It was tons of fun because so many people had the day off. We all had appetizers in my boss's room and then had to stand in line for dinner...go figure. The food was better than normal but nothing like home. I found in a town newsletter that this was the amount of food made: "Served at the annual Thanksgiving Holiday Feast included over 1,100 pounds of turkey, 550 pounds beef tenderloin, 500 pounds of crab legs, 1,500 dinner rolls and 2,200 truffles." It was a good spread but my favorite was the rice krispie treats. :) It was a very good weekend and I cant wait until Christmas!! They make everything so much fun down here. It is definitely a home away from home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, crab legs....fancy
ReplyDelete