
For this blog I thought I would update you all on some trivia I have learned about Spring in Boston. From what I understand there are only a few big events in the Boston in the spring. These include St Patrick's Day with events such as a parade in Southie (South Boston) which unfortunately I did not make it to this year as it is on the Sunday before St Patrick's Day. It is on the list for next year though! Also included is Opening Day of the Red Sox...April 8th. Very important! Speaking of the Red Sox according to my knowledgeable roommate Phil today the Red Sox will wear special green uniforms down at spring training in FL. Pretty cool! Lastly, Patriots Day or Marathon Day on the 3rd Monday in April I believe. This sounds very cool! Most people get the day as a holiday from work which being as I have never heard of Patriots Day was a surprise to me and it is also the day of the Boston Marathon. This Marathon is very big and you cannot just sign up like you can in Portland you have to qualify by running another marathon. My roommate Tim has run the Boston Marathon more than I know or he can count probably...I'm thinking 10 times but that is very rough. Also on this day there is a reenactment of the Battle of Lexington. How cool is that?!?! Being a history buff and nerd I am super excited. My friend Katie and I are getting up at the crack of dawn to go to Lexington and sit at 5:30am to watch the reenactment. Then it will be time to head to the city for festivities of Marathon Day! It should be quite a great day!
Thats all I know for today. Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday.
Author Edit: Apparently the Southie Parade is this Sunday so I might just go!
Get out your running shoes and get ready for the marathon next year!
ReplyDeleteHi Natasha
ReplyDeleteWhat adventure your life is!!! We enjoy reading and the pictures you write. Grandpa is improving and walking without his cane.
thanks so much for including us
Much love