Philadelphia
On Memorial Day itself I drove home to Boston from Harrisburg, PA by way of Philadelphia. Since an early bird I was up and on the highway by 7am leaving just me and the highway (since no one else drives the interstate at 7am on a holiday). I arrived in Philly around 9am right when the National Park opened. Philadelphia is the center of all that is 1776. Thomas Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence, the Continental Congress wrote the Constitution, home of the liberty bell and also served as our nation's capital until 1800 when it was moved to Washington DC. It was a very short visit for me so my main stops were Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell. I saw where both the Declaration of Independence and Constitution were written which was very cool. The Liberty Bell itself is quite impressive and has been a symbol of freedom for not only the US but many other countries.
 |
| Independence Hall on Independence Square |
 |
| Independence Hall where the Liberty Bell used to hang |
 |
| The Courtroom (originally British) of Independence Hall |
 |
| The room where both the Declaration of Independence was signed and Constitution was written. |
 |
| Liberty Bell - crack included! |
Overall my trip was fabulous! I learned so much US history and got to see and do some many new things. I will have to go back to Philadelphia to continue to explore.
No comments:
Post a Comment