Thursday, July 7, 2011

To the Rockies for America's Birthday

For the 4th of July this year I travelled to Denver, CO to visit one of my best friends Melissa. We grew up together and have known each other since the 6th grade.
I headed out last Thursday after class through Chicago to Denver. I again confirmed my dislike of flying through Chicago after sitting on the runway for 3 hours due to being 46th (no that is not a typo) in line to take off and then going back to the gate to re-fuel before we even take off. So it was a relief after arriving in Denver at 1am.
Over the next couple days Melissa and I spend some serious time relaxing at the pool, shopping and we went to a Rockies game. I also got to see some good friends from Antarctica including going to a BBQ with all ice people. That was so much fun!! It was great to have Melissa get to be there with me and meet some of the people I spent so many hours with. I know Antarctica will be in my future again. I left some part of me there and I need to go back and get it. :)

Anyway Denver was so great and I was sad to leave it after such a quick weekend. I know I will be back soon enough. Only a plane flight away.




No comments:

Post a Comment