Friday, February 19, 2010

CHC - It is dark!

Well I made it to Christchurch. There is so much to take in here. For one thing it is dark outside. It is a little creepy since I haven't seen darkness in 5 months. I don't know what to do with it. Then there is all the color and humidity and smells. There is so much to take in it doesn't seem real. I am pretty sure I am going to wake up tomorrow morning at McMurdo and everything is going to be the same as it was this morning. I am excited to have more opportunities here but sad to leave some friends behind for the winter. It is a little weird being on my own after so many months with people around 24-7. It is quite the adjustment. Well that's it for now. I am off to bed. Tomorrow its a run in the park,shopping and Starbucks!!! Civilization does have its perks. :)

PS Comcast email is so annoying and takes so much time to load that I cant access it right now so if I don't write back that is why.

2 comments:

  1. Hi - glad to hear you made it. Looking forward to hearing how the NZ / Australia adventure goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to hear from you. Enjoy Starbucks.

    ReplyDelete