Sunday, February 21, 2010

Loving Christchurch

It is Day 3 in Christchurch and wow is it georgeous! I have spent many hours sitting in Cathedral Square or the park people watching and soaking up the sun. It was been beautiful and warm every day and I hope the weather continues. The rest of my days have consisted of drinks with ice people at Bailes, mailing packages home for friends who are wintering, shopping for summer clothing and shoes, eating real food and catching a few naps. It has been a great time so far and I could spend another couple days here no problem. But places to go and people to see.

Tomorrow I am picking up Jake at the airport and we will spend the day in Christchurch possibly at the Antarctic museum, Cathedral square, park, and all the major attractions. Then it's picking up a car Wednesday morning and headed up north to Abel Tasman for a 3 day hike along the coast. I am really looking forward to this. It should be amazing as long as the weather holds.

Signing off for now...pictures to come when I get home.

Things we dont have on the ice:
Ducks
Children
Darkness
Color
Bugs
Grass
Good Food
Shopping
Unexpired Beer

The list continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment