Here is a link to a 10 min video put together by one of the science groups down here. It shows great video of McMurdo and a good story of the trip down. It also shows the warehouse where I work part of the time and a few of my co-workers. When you see people moving cargo and moving things on pallet jacks thats where I work.
I dont go out to the BYRD camp or other field camps but you get a good feel of Antarctic life. The weather you see is a lot more typical out in the field but we do get some days like that for sure.
Here are few highlights:
Time 1:21: my warehouse
Time 3:40: shows what a trip to the ice is like...although I landed on a different runway.
Time 4:10: good view of the town
Time 4:25: more cargo stuff and my boss talking.
Enjoy!!
http://www.polenet.org/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment