Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Aquarium

I also got to see the aquarium in Creary Lab this week. Creary Lab is one of the largest building at McMurdo. It houses all of the scientists' research projects and offices while they are not out in the field. It is 3 stories and has a ton of cool stuff in it. One of the samples we are sending back to the states is of seal blood and a chunk of seal. So cool!

My boss took me to the aquarium the other day which is very cool. Nothing much in there yet. None of the research groups have been able to get out to the field because of weather. There are probably at least 150 people trying to leave McMurdo right now and flights are being cancelled left and right. Anyway, they did have a touch tank in the aquarium with some starfish other small things. I can't wait for some cooler things!

3 comments:

  1. You are seeing so many once in a lifetime experiences. And for many of us "never" in a lifetime. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I am pretty sure that is against the Antarctic treaty...

    ReplyDelete