Friday, October 9, 2009

A storm is brewing...

Well the weather forecast is calling for a storm. What an Antarctic storm feels like I will soon know... So far the worst its been is -40F with windchill but I think that is nothing. As far as weather goes here there are 3 conditions. Condition 3 is what we are now that is good visibility and down to -75F and winds below 48 knots. Condition 3 sounds cold enough for me! We can do all hikes and whatever we want in this condition. Condition 2 is down to -100F, winds from 48-55 knots and /or 1/4 mile visability. This means no hiking except when cleared by the firehouse. Dont worry people I will not be hiking in these conditions. Condition 1 is basically hell freezing over and you cant leave the buildings unless maybe to eat and then you are guided by ropes. I will keep you posted on what this storm brings...

Keep in mind that the South Pole is currently -72F without incorporating wind...no thanks!

2 comments: